TEMPORARY LABOUR CASE STUDY
Temporary Labour Tender and Service Improvements
A leading provider of fresh food at home and recipe boxes with multiple distribution centres across the UK
The company had 12 suppliers on its preferred supplier list with no contracts and varying charge rates. There was a strong focus on quantity but not quality, and the site knew they are not getting value for money. Following a review, an onsite managed model was proposed.
This model is an effective structure that allows close collaboration and alignment between operations and the agency. It ensures productive workforce is in operation during normal and peak periods.
Implement an onsite managed service model with robust SLA’s to:
• Improve the level of service and quality of temp staff
• Achieve greater visibility, control and compliance
• Achieve value for money
Identify potential service providers to propose an effective onsite managed solution and based on this create a shortlist of providers to be invited to tender.
Six carefully selected providers were chosen to participate in the tendering process, the chosen providers consisted of local, regional and national providers. Each with the capability to offer onsite managed services.
• A 24-month contract with robust SLA’s and KPI’s
• One point of contact, improved reporting and KPI monitoring.
• One weekly invoice with improved working capital benefit
• Fixed margin for the contract duration